From: Aiko Barz <aiko@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail <-> openldap-2.1.XX
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:06:53
1 On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:29:13PM -0800, Benjamin Coles wrote:
2 > Hi there Aiko,
3 > There already is a qmail-ldap in the portage that has SMTPAUTH and
4 > TLS... There are a number of fixes that I need to apply to it, I'll try
5 > getting it done by next week. To use the TLS in the ebuild you need an
6 > extra TLS in your make.conf use flags, I know this is out of standard
7 > but not everyone uses this but building with ssl usually gave tls in the
8 > past. Maybe you can make comments on my ebuild after I update the
9 > mishaps in the first one.
10
11 I also updated the first ebuild in #28203 to get ezmlm support and to
12 get the qmail.schema copied into /etc/openldap/schema.
13 This worked fine for nearly 5 month, i guess.
14 (btw: It's stable stable stable)
15
16 But the qmail.schema in qmail-ldap-1.03-r1.ebuild will never work with
17 openldap-2.1.XX. To get this done out of the box, you need the new
18 patch from André Oppermann.
19 Then you will realise, that this patch already contains smtp-auth and
20 TLS.
21 Have a look at those features
22 http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=22859&action=view.
23 (btw.: This ebuild is also based on the first ebuild. Make a diff!)
24
25 That ebuild is working at my box right now. The smtp-auth and TLS
26 stuff is working perfectly. The ezmlm-Mainlinglist is doing its job...
27
28 Openldap-2.0.27-r4 seems to be stable, but after a month uptime there
29 are far to many ESTABLISHED connections. But i donnow. Since there are
30 quite some differences between 2.0 and 2.1 i will stay with
31 openldap-2.1.
32 If gentoo switches to openldap-2.1.XX in the stable tree the openldap
33 users won't be able to restart their openldap-servers. One reason is
34 the broken qmail.schema. So qmail-ldap must be also ready for this
35 moment.
36
37 Bis denne,
38 Aiko