From: Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail <-> openldap-2.1.XX
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:27:01
1 Aiko,
2 Much apologies on the missing qmail.schema missing, I made a diff and
3 worked on it a month ago but got caught up on other projects. If you
4 didn't notice it didn't copy the control files to the right directory.
5 My aim is for openldap 2.0.xx series, can you let me know if that patch
6 is backwards compatible? I also see that you enabled tls by default
7 which should be the choice of the user by setting the ssl flag in
8 make.conf. As for openldap 2.1.x series, it's been stable for months
9 it's just that we have problems with other programs using berkdb-4 and
10 we're not about to upgrade that. Berkdb-4 is a dependancy for openldap
11 2.1 to work, after the latest patch I made gets applied to the tree, we
12 can work on moving it to stable and then make another ebuild for
13 openldap 2.1 and deem it unstable. My tester has said it worked
14 perfectly fine with the patch I gave him so moving it to stable seems
15 like a good idea.
16 I also have plans to release a qmail-ldap document sometime in the
17 future so everyone can take the fruits of the running qmail with ldap. I
18 wrote the ldap document currently on gentoo.org and I feel like I'm
19 going to have to upgrade that as well with the upgrade of openldap 2.1.
20 Email me directly if you want to help out and we'll talk more.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Benjamin Coles
24 Gentoo Infrastructure