From: Ricardo Nuno <ricardo.nuno@×××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] qmail <-> openldap-2.1.XX
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:24:38
1 Hi,
2
3 Just want to ask you guys to not make this discution private,
4 alot of people like myself are interressed on it.
5
6 Next year i'm going to start testing qmail-ldap, it's something i should had
7 started
8 this year, but i didn't had time.
9
10 One question i already have a LDAP server up and running, is there any
11 change for qmail-ldap
12 work with a remote LDAP server ?
13
14 Best regards,
15 RNuno
18 -----Original Message-----
19 From: Benjamin Coles [mailto:sj7trunks@g.o]
20 Sent: quarta-feira, 31 de Dezembro de 2003 16:27
21 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
22 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail <-> openldap-2.1.XX
25 Aiko,
26 Much apologies on the missing qmail.schema missing, I made a diff and
27 worked on it a month ago but got caught up on other projects. If you
28 didn't notice it didn't copy the control files to the right directory.
29 My aim is for openldap 2.0.xx series, can you let me know if that patch
30 is backwards compatible? I also see that you enabled tls by default
31 which should be the choice of the user by setting the ssl flag in
32 make.conf. As for openldap 2.1.x series, it's been stable for months
33 it's just that we have problems with other programs using berkdb-4 and
34 we're not about to upgrade that. Berkdb-4 is a dependancy for openldap
35 2.1 to work, after the latest patch I made gets applied to the tree, we
36 can work on moving it to stable and then make another ebuild for
37 openldap 2.1 and deem it unstable. My tester has said it worked
38 perfectly fine with the patch I gave him so moving it to stable seems
39 like a good idea.
40 I also have plans to release a qmail-ldap document sometime in the
41 future so everyone can take the fruits of the running qmail with ldap. I
42 wrote the ldap document currently on gentoo.org and I feel like I'm
43 going to have to upgrade that as well with the upgrade of openldap 2.1.
44 Email me directly if you want to help out and we'll talk more.
45
46 Thanks,
47 Benjamin Coles
48 Gentoo Infrastructure