From: Haim Ashkenazi <haim@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] using apache2 as a reverse proxy for exchange server
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:26:13
1 On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 20:21 +0000, Casper Gasper wrote:
2 > On Monday 06 December 2004 01:10, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
3 > > Hi
4 > >
5 > > I'm trying to configure apache2 as a reverse proxy for an exchange
6 > > server that has internal address. I know it's a bad idea, but the client
7 > > insists.
8 >
9 > Bad idea? Why? I think if you set it up properly it's a very good way of
10 > securing Outlook Web Access.
11 I think it's not really safe, but it's better then the other options I
12 had. If it were my company I wouldn't allow it, but then, if it were my
13 company, I wouldn't use exchange... :)
17 > > so far I had no luck. I tried using the following configuration (which I
18 > > copied from mod_proxy webpage):
19 > >
20 > > ProxyRequests Off
21 > >
22 > > <Proxy *>
23 > > Order deny,allow
24 > > Allow from all
25 > > </Proxy>
26 > >
27 > > ProxyPass /exchange http://192.168.168.1/exchange
28 > > ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://192.168.168.1/exchange
29 > >
30 > > but it seemed to just redirect the connection to 192.168.168..., which
31 > > of-course I can't access. there were no errors on ssl_error_log.
34 > Just checked my config file -- maybe you need this line:
35 >
36 > RequestHeader set front-end-https on
37 >
38 > or else the responses will be proxied back as http requests, and fail. (At
39 > least, I think that's what I had to do, I can't test it right now).
40 thanks I'll try that tomorrow. if it's not a problem, can you send me
41 the section of the configuration that configures the reverse proxy? I
42 found a few but none of them worked, so by now I'm a little confused
43 about what settings are really needed.
44
45 thanx
46 --
47 Haim