From: Casper Gasper <cas@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] using apache2 as a reverse proxy for exchange server
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:21:12
1 On Monday 06 December 2004 01:10, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I'm trying to configure apache2 as a reverse proxy for an exchange
5 > server that has internal address. I know it's a bad idea, but the client
6 > insists.
7
8 Bad idea? Why? I think if you set it up properly it's a very good way of
9 securing Outlook Web Access.
12 > so far I had no luck. I tried using the following configuration (which I
13 > copied from mod_proxy webpage):
14 >
15 > ProxyRequests Off
16 >
17 > <Proxy *>
18 > Order deny,allow
19 > Allow from all
20 > </Proxy>
21 >
22 > ProxyPass /exchange http://192.168.168.1/exchange
23 > ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://192.168.168.1/exchange
24 >
25 > but it seemed to just redirect the connection to 192.168.168..., which
26 > of-course I can't access. there were no errors on ssl_error_log.
29 Just checked my config file -- maybe you need this line:
30
31 RequestHeader set front-end-https on
32
33 or else the responses will be proxied back as http requests, and fail. (At
34 least, I think that's what I had to do, I can't test it right now).
37 hth,
38
39 Casper.