From: Matt Kotich <matt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] DPT RAID Issue
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 01:57:44
1 This sounds like it should work. I will try it out and let you know in
2 the morning.
3
4 Thanks a lot.
8 Matt Kotich
9 Yourhost.com CTO
10 email: matt@××××××××.com
11 phone: 714.842.8511x125
12
13 On May 5, 2004, at 5:24 PM, Matt Hallmark wrote:
14
15 > It looks like It's a DPT SmartRaid V card. DPT was acquired by
16 > Adaptec a few years ago.
17 >
18 > See Link:
19 >
20 > http://computingreview.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id-
21 > -480,prod_id--5102547.html
22 >
23 > The help for CONFIG_SCSI_DPT_I2O:
24 >
25 > (formatting may be weird)
26 >
27 > This driver supports all of Adaptec's I2O based RAID controllers as
28 > well as the DPT SmartRaid V cards. This is an Adaptec maintained
29 > driver by Deanna Bonds. See <file:Documentation/scsi/dpti.txt>.
30 > To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
31 > module will be called
32 > dpt_i2o.
33 >
34 > In gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.4-r1 it's in the scsi low level drivers and
35 > called: Adaptec I2O RAID support.
36 >
37 > Try booting up the livecd w/ "gentoo doscsi" and then "modprobe
38 > dpt_i2o". That should bring up your raid5 array as /dev/sda. :)
39 >
40 > Matt Hallmark
41 >
42 > Korey Pelton wrote:
43 >> Are you booting the LiveCD with "gentoo doataraid"? That's what I
44 >> did for my server that has a 3ware Escalade RAID controller.
45 >> Matt Kotich wrote:
46 >>> I work for a hosting company and we want to migrate all of our
47 >>> RedHat servers over to Gentoo (tighter installs, easier
48 >>> administration, etc) however we're running into some major
49 >>> showstopping issues. Booting from the 2004.1 LiveCD it seems that
50 >>> it is unable to detect the RAID5 setup that we have on our DPT
51 >>> PM1554U2 RAID adapter. What do we need to do to get it to see this
52 >>> so that we can start building the system? I've got a couple Gentoo
53 >>> dev servers up and running already, both single drive IDE systems, I
54 >>> haven't been able to get any of the RAID systems up yet (all running
55 >>> the same DPT card.) and I'm sure once I figure out how to load the
56 >>> drivers so that Gentoo sees the drive it'll be smooth sailing.
57 >>>