From: Matt Hallmark <matt@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] DPT RAID Issue
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 00:23:30
1 It looks like It's a DPT SmartRaid V card. DPT was acquired by Adaptec
2 a few years ago.
3
4 See Link:
5
6 http://computingreview.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--480,prod_id--5102547.html
7
8 The help for CONFIG_SCSI_DPT_I2O:
9
10 (formatting may be weird)
11
12 This driver supports all of Adaptec's I2O based RAID controllers as
15 well as the DPT SmartRaid V cards. This is an Adaptec maintained
18 driver by Deanna Bonds. See <file:Documentation/scsi/dpti.txt>.
23 To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
24
25 module will be
26 called dpt_i2o.
27
28 In gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.4-r1 it's in the scsi low level drivers and
29 called: Adaptec I2O RAID support.
30
31 Try booting up the livecd w/ "gentoo doscsi" and then "modprobe
32 dpt_i2o". That should bring up your raid5 array as /dev/sda. :)
33
34 Matt Hallmark
35
36 Korey Pelton wrote:
37 > Are you booting the LiveCD with "gentoo doataraid"? That's what I did
38 > for my server that has a 3ware Escalade RAID controller.
42 > Matt Kotich wrote:
43 >
44 >> I work for a hosting company and we want to migrate all of our RedHat
45 >> servers over to Gentoo (tighter installs, easier administration, etc)
46 >> however we're running into some major showstopping issues. Booting
47 >> from the 2004.1 LiveCD it seems that it is unable to detect the RAID5
48 >> setup that we have on our DPT PM1554U2 RAID adapter. What do we need
49 >> to do to get it to see this so that we can start building the system?
50 >> I've got a couple Gentoo dev servers up and running already, both
51 >> single drive IDE systems, I haven't been able to get any of the RAID
52 >> systems up yet (all running the same DPT card.) and I'm sure once I
53 >> figure out how to load the drivers so that Gentoo sees the drive it'll
54 >> be smooth sailing.