From: Korey Pelton <peltkore@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] DPT RAID Issue
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 00:14:07
1 Are you booting the LiveCD with "gentoo doataraid"? That's what I did
2 for my server that has a 3ware Escalade RAID controller.
6 Matt Kotich wrote:
7 > I work for a hosting company and we want to migrate all of our RedHat
8 > servers over to Gentoo (tighter installs, easier administration, etc)
9 > however we're running into some major showstopping issues. Booting from
10 > the 2004.1 LiveCD it seems that it is unable to detect the RAID5 setup
11 > that we have on our DPT PM1554U2 RAID adapter. What do we need to do to
12 > get it to see this so that we can start building the system? I've got a
13 > couple Gentoo dev servers up and running already, both single drive IDE
14 > systems, I haven't been able to get any of the RAID systems up yet (all
15 > running the same DPT card.) and I'm sure once I figure out how to load
16 > the drivers so that Gentoo sees the drive it'll be smooth sailing.