From: Matt Kotich <matt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] DPT RAID Issue
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 23:46:47
1 I work for a hosting company and we want to migrate all of our RedHat
2 servers over to Gentoo (tighter installs, easier administration, etc)
3 however we're running into some major showstopping issues. Booting
4 from the 2004.1 LiveCD it seems that it is unable to detect the RAID5
5 setup that we have on our DPT PM1554U2 RAID adapter. What do we need
6 to do to get it to see this so that we can start building the system?
7 I've got a couple Gentoo dev servers up and running already, both
8 single drive IDE systems, I haven't been able to get any of the RAID
9 systems up yet (all running the same DPT card.) and I'm sure once I
10 figure out how to load the drivers so that Gentoo sees the drive it'll
11 be smooth sailing.
15 Matt Kotich
16 Yourhost.com CTO
17 email: matt@××××××××.com