From: Matt Kotich <matt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] DPT RAID Issue
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 01:55:12
1 I'm booting it with:
2
3 prompt:> smp doscsi doraid nousb nohotplug
7 Matt Kotich
8 Yourhost.com CTO
9 email: matt@××××××××.com
10 phone: 714.842.8511x125
11
12 On May 5, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Korey Pelton wrote:
13
14 > Are you booting the LiveCD with "gentoo doataraid"? That's what I did
15 > for my server that has a 3ware Escalade RAID controller.
19 > Matt Kotich wrote:
20 >> I work for a hosting company and we want to migrate all of our RedHat
21 >> servers over to Gentoo (tighter installs, easier administration, etc)
22 >> however we're running into some major showstopping issues. Booting
23 >> from the 2004.1 LiveCD it seems that it is unable to detect the RAID5
24 >> setup that we have on our DPT PM1554U2 RAID adapter. What do we need
25 >> to do to get it to see this so that we can start building the system?
26 >> I've got a couple Gentoo dev servers up and running already, both
27 >> single drive IDE systems, I haven't been able to get any of the RAID
28 >> systems up yet (all running the same DPT card.) and I'm sure once I
29 >> figure out how to load the drivers so that Gentoo sees the drive
30 >> it'll be smooth sailing.