From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] portscanning worm?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:42:31
1 Interesting... I'm also reading up on the idle scan and possibly that's
2 what is going on here.
3
4 I would highly recommend restricting outbound traffic from that server.
5 Even if this is a false positive it's a good idea to have things locked
6 down more tightly. I'd also recommend disabling loadable module support in
7 your kernel ;)
8
9 Also, didn't that paper on the idle scan mention that more random IPIDs
10 would help prevent idle scans? GrSecurity has just the feature to take
11 care of this. You might want to check into using some of the GRSecurity
12 features in the kernel. :)
13
14 HTH!
15