From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql 4.1 status
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:54:37
1 On 11/05/05, Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks for these tips guys.
3 >
4 > So, do you think the safest route is to do a full sql dump of my 4.0 dbs/tables, unmerge
5 > 4.0, emerge 4.1, and then load the dump file? That seems pretty scary to me, but the docs
6 > sound like that's the prefered route due to the character encoding changes.
7 >
8 > Which approach did you use Jason? Has anyone just unamsked 4.1, installed it over a full,
9 > active 4.0 setup, done revdep-rebuild and had it all go fine? What problems have people had?
10 >
11 > Also, anyone heard of any problems with 4.1 and PHP stuff like horde or pear?
12 >
13 > thanks,
14 >
15 > b
18 You'll have to weigh the consequences yourself. The main point is: can
19 your system handle it's work load properly now? Is there a desperate
20 reason you need a upgrade? Is there any features in the new version
21 that you actually NEED?
22
23 If the answers to the above questions are yes, then upgrade with great
24 care, back up everything, if no, I'd say you can wait for a bit.
25
26 -- Joe
29 Money can't buy everything.
30 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
33 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list