From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] email advice
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:40:40
1 Hmmm...I like the idea of PostfixAdmin, but I don't suppose anyone knows
2 if it'll work with PostgreSQL? Being an Oracle DBA by day, I can relate
3 much more to PG than to MySQL. I've converted my SquirrelMail to PG
4 (with web help) and have been MySQL-free ever since.
5
6 Anyone?
7
8 TIA,
9 Rich
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: kashani [mailto:kashani-list@××××××××.net]
13 Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:13 PM
14 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] email advice
16
17 Ben Munat wrote:
18 > though it still confounds me at times. I was toying with switching to
19 > postfix, but I was put off by the fact that one has to do their own
20 > mysql wrangling to manage their domains... vpopmail seemed like less
21 work.
22
23 Ditch the Gentoo Virtual How-to and use PostfixAdmin if you decide to go
24
25 the Postfix route. Web interface for admin, domain admin, and user self
26 admin. I switched to it about two years ago and have been really happy.
27
28 > I'm also concerned about being able to migrate all my domains'
29 existing
30 > mail. Vpopmail creates a directory under /var with all the domains and
31
32 > all it's users. I suppose I could probably do the postfix
33 configuration
34 > to point each virtual user to the directory under vpopmail instead of
35 > the usual /home dir.
36
37 Anything .maildir/ format is going to be trivial to move. Most Postfix
38 virtual stuff uses some form of the following format.
39
40 /var/vmail/$domain/$user
41
42 The above is configurable though you might need to tweaks things a bit
43 if you were using /var/vmail/$user@$domain.com/ or other formats. In any
44
45 case 10 minutes of scripting would handle that as well.
46
47 kashani
48 --
49 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list