From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] email advice
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:16:06
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > though it still confounds me at times. I was toying with switching to
3 > postfix, but I was put off by the fact that one has to do their own
4 > mysql wrangling to manage their domains... vpopmail seemed like less work.
5
6 Ditch the Gentoo Virtual How-to and use PostfixAdmin if you decide to go
7 the Postfix route. Web interface for admin, domain admin, and user self
8 admin. I switched to it about two years ago and have been really happy.
9
10 > I'm also concerned about being able to migrate all my domains' existing
11 > mail. Vpopmail creates a directory under /var with all the domains and
12 > all it's users. I suppose I could probably do the postfix configuration
13 > to point each virtual user to the directory under vpopmail instead of
14 > the usual /home dir.
15
16 Anything .maildir/ format is going to be trivial to move. Most Postfix
17 virtual stuff uses some form of the following format.
18
19 /var/vmail/$domain/$user
20
21 The above is configurable though you might need to tweaks things a bit
22 if you were using /var/vmail/$user@$domain.com/ or other formats. In any
23 case 10 minutes of scripting would handle that as well.
24
25 kashani
26 --
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list