From: Jens Gutzeit <gentoo-server@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] uml
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:07:03
1 On Sunday 25 April 2004 17:21, Ixion wrote:
2 > I've always been under the impression that having an entire system inside
3 > a chroot is dangerous.. how dangerous (as in is it worth the hassle?) I do
4 > not know. I've setup Apache in its own chroot thanks to this walkthrough:
5 >
6 > http://penguin.epfl.ch/chroot.html
7
8 It's much easier with mod_security, because it does the chroot() after all
9 initializations are done.
10
11 > not delved into chrooting the other components (MySQL, etc), but once you
12
13 MySQL is fairly easy, it has an option for chrooting.
14
15 Jens