From: gentoo@××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] users of virtual domains
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:27:37
1 Hi,
2 I think, that better solution is chrootssh (it also have switch in openssh
3 ebuild). I've used it for a year or so and it works well. I can send you
4 some scripts I use along with it (for copying libs to chroot and creating
5 users).
6 Petr
10 > Ben Munat wrote:
11 >> So, my question is, is there a way to restrict her user's movements in
12 >> the file system? It would be nice if she were only able to work within
13 >> her home directory.
14 >
15 > Best is to set up a chroot environment in which the user will work.
16 > I think a good starting point is jailkit @
17 > http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/
18 > I already have an ebuild for it in my overlay @
19 > http://gentoo.mirror.at.stealer.net/portage_overlay/app-admin/jailkit/
20 >
21 > Package contains a shell which will jail the user into a specific
22 > directory. Contains also tools to copy programs and depending libraries
23 > into the chroot environment.
24 >
25 > Sven