From: John Barton <jbarton@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] users of virtual domains
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 03:14:38
1 I would be interested in the scripts for chroot setup, etc.
2 Regards,
3 -John
4
5 gentoo@××××××.com wrote:
6
7 > Hi,
8 > I think, that better solution is chrootssh (it also have switch in openssh
9 > ebuild). I've used it for a year or so and it works well. I can send you
10 > some scripts I use along with it (for copying libs to chroot and creating
11 > users).
12 > Petr
17 >>Ben Munat wrote:
18 >>
19 >>>So, my question is, is there a way to restrict her user's movements in
20 >>>the file system? It would be nice if she were only able to work within
21 >>>her home directory.
22 >>
23 >>Best is to set up a chroot environment in which the user will work.
24 >>I think a good starting point is jailkit @
25 >>http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/
26 >>I already have an ebuild for it in my overlay @
27 >>http://gentoo.mirror.at.stealer.net/portage_overlay/app-admin/jailkit/
28 >>
29 >>Package contains a shell which will jail the user into a specific
30 >>directory. Contains also tools to copy programs and depending libraries
31 >>into the chroot environment.
32 >>
33 >>Sven