From: Kirk Hoganson <kirk2@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Can Apache Proxy for a NAT'ed web-server
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:34:35
1 You could use mod_rewrite to proxy rewrite all incoming requests to the
2 other system. Every request that came in and matched the rewrite rule
3 would be redirected and proxied to the system specified in the rule.
4 mod_rewrite can be more than a little daunting but it could handle this
5 scenario.
6
7 Ow Mun Heng said the following:
8 > I'm sure this can be done.
9 >
10 > I know about mod_proxy and mod_proxy_html and it's functions as a
11 > reverse proxy. But the thing is my current understanding of these
12 > mod_proxy is it's suitable only for servers which are in the internal
13 > network and has names such as
14 >
15 > www.example.com -> external IP
16 > internalserver.example.com -> NAT IP
17 >
18 > external -> internalserver
19 > www.example.com/internalserver (using mod_proxy and mod_proxy_html)
20 >
21 > what if the NAT IP'ed server has it's own DNS? say www.example2.com.
22 > Can apache still be used to get to it? using Mod_proxy?
23 >
24 > I'm just trying to figure out if this is a valid scenerio.
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list