From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] can't boot anymore!
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:45:41
1 Hi Davide,
2
3 Davide Cittaro wrote:
4 > Yesterday, when I've was investigating, I had udevd that crashes.
5 > Running with strace I see that it segfaults after reading /etc/hosts.
6 > deleting it makes it crash later on and, with strace, I can see a
7 > continous attempt to resolve the hostname by address...
8 Well, then can you post attach /etc/hosts in question?
9 You might have hit 1 in 1M bug :-)
10
11 > Can this be the reason why I have all these problems?
12 > Did anybody have a similar problem?
13 If you state that you installed from scratch, it may well be connected.
14 Think if what specific you did, anything apart form the Gentoo Handbook?
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Kalin.