From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] can't boot anymore!
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:30:04
1 Hi all and thanks for many answers. Apparently none of them solve my
2 problem, I still get stuck at boot, before entering in runlevel 3.
3 I've also reinstalled a system from scratch and it doesn't work. I
4 have the hint that everything is related with hostname resolving. As
5 an example, when I chroot from a livecd I cannot run any command
6 (except for cat, touch and few others) so I can't even ls directories.
7 If I delete the /etc/hosts file I get everything working.
8 Yesterday, when I've was investigating, I had udevd that crashes.
9 Running with strace I see that it segfaults after reading /etc/hosts.
10 deleting it makes it crash later on and, with strace, I can see a
11 continous attempt to resolve the hostname by address... Can this be
12 the reason why I have all these problems? Did anybody have a similar
13 problem?
14
15 d
18 /*
19 Davide Cittaro
20
21 Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
22 via adamello, 16
23 20139 Milano
24 Italy
25