From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Centralized Gentoo (build -> push/pull) to multiple architectures
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:32:51
1 I was thinking of that, too, but what about the cascade effect of packages
2 being built for a specific arch? Like say, GCC on the build box was built
3 against different CFLAGS than what Apache is being built against?
4
5 Am I just splitting hairs here?
6
7 I'm getting ready to implement two production Gentoo servers and have a
8 box with a different arch. Maybe the secondary production server with the
9 exact same arch as the primary would be a better test bed?