From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:45:44
1 Wang Penghui wrote:
2
3 > Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
4 >
5 >> Wang Penghui wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Hi all:
8 >>>
9 >>> I have a cyrus-imapd installation. And it contains lots of users.
10 >>> When i add a new account to cyrus-imapd server. The user who has
11 >>> been created right now have to subscribe his mail folders mannully.
12 >>> I wonder that whether or not subscribe the mail folders automatic?
13 >>> I have searched the web for a long time. But no result. If it could
14 >>> be, how to implement it?
15 >>> My cyrus version is 2.2.3
16 >>>
17 >>> Thanks very much for view this message.
18 >>>
19 >>> Wang Penghui
24 >> Sorry for the dumb question, but... you're creating all your
25 >> folders prepending users. to their name, aren't you? This is a very
26 >> typical mistake of cyrus-imapd newbies (actually it was one of mi
27 >> first mistakes :o) )
28 >>
29 > Sorry for my poor english, I could not understand your words clearly.
30 > I think you said that
31 > in cyrus-imapd all the users begins with a "user." and the inbox of
32 > "hartt" 's folder name is
33 > "user.hartt" , then you ask me whether or not i create the folder name
34 > with "users.hartt", isn't it?
35 > My mothed is correct. I create the folders with a perpending "user.".
36 >
37 > But now, my question is how to subscribe the mail folders automatic
38 > when the folder created?
39 >
40 > Thanks for your help.
41 >
42 It was "user.", not "users." you are right. Anyway, I don't have to
43 do any extra step for the user to be able to see their folders on their
44 first login. They just login and see them. Have you taken a look at the
45 logs? What mail client are you using? Are you using any of the name
46 options (altnamespace, unixhierarchysep)?
47
48 Best regards
49 Jose