From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] RAID5 vs. RAID0+1
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:43:51
1 http://www.baarf.com
2
3 Pay special attention to the whitepaper "Is RAID 5 Really a Bargain?" by
4 Cary Millsap, also on the site.
5
6 It's a slow crusade, but gaining strength. And it's about time I
7 joined, too.
8
9 GL!
10
11 Rich
12
13 -----Original Message-----
14 From: Christian Spoo [mailto:mail@××××××××××××××.info]
15 Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:30 AM
16 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
17 Subject: [gentoo-server] RAID5 vs. RAID0+1
18
19 Hi,
20
21 I need to set up a RAID box of about 470GB disk space accessible via
22 GBit LAN.
23
24 The whole thing should have good performance but must be reliable as
25 well. Which RAID mode would you recommend, 5, 0+1 or maybe any other?
26 How about the time needed for rebuilding such arrays in case of disk
27 failure?
30 Thanks in advance,
31
32 Christian Spoo