From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] recent apache update hangs after some uptime
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:03:52
1 On Friday 11 June 2004 19:44, TRauMa wrote:
2 > Ezra Gorman wrote:
3 > >On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 04:19:08PM +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
4 > >>Hi all,
5 > >>
6 > >>well, I recently updated a bunch of packages on my server, including
7 > >>apache2, php, etc.... (the web stuff).
8 > >>
9 > >>Unfortunately, apache2 does - after having served well for some time -
10 > >>freeze after receiving the HTTP request but yet before sending the
11 > >>HTTP response.
12 > >
13 > >I'm not sure if this is your problem, but afaik php is still not
14 > > completely safe with apache2.
15
16 I've been using apache2 with php for a looong time now
17 (except ... see below)
18
19 > That depends on you using threads, google for "php apache2 threads" for
20 > details. (prefork vs. worker model)
21 > Perhaps someone knows more, but I don't think this has changed due to an
22 > update, and thus shouldn't be the cause.
23 >
24 > Did you check the obvious candidates like disk space et al?
25
26 Well, yeah, disk space was very less at this time (in the / partition), but I
27 already cleaned up the /var/tmp/portage and now I've enough again.
28
29 However, I really added the threads useflag for apache. This might be one
30 reason for hanging there. I also had to recompile mod_php to get apache
31 starting (with mod_php). So I guess, that I need to disable threading for at
32 least apache (?) :(
33
34 Greets,
35 Christian Parpart.