From: TRauMa <trauma@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] recent apache update hangs after some uptime
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:45:02
1 Ezra Gorman wrote:
2
3 >On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 04:19:08PM +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
6 >>Hi all,
7 >>
8 >>well, I recently updated a bunch of packages on my server, including
9 >>apache2, php, etc.... (the web stuff).
10 >>
11 >>Unfortunately, apache2 does - after having served well for some time -
12 >>freeze after receiving the HTTP request but yet before sending the
13 >>HTTP response.
17 >I'm not sure if this is your problem, but afaik php is still not completely
18 >safe with apache2.
21 That depends on you using threads, google for "php apache2 threads" for
22 details. (prefork vs. worker model)
23 Perhaps someone knows more, but I don't think this has changed due to an
24 update, and thus shouldn't be the cause.
25
26 Did you check the obvious candidates like disk space et al?
27
28 Regards
29 TRauMa