From: RagNoRoc <ragnoroc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: switch NIS to LDAP
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:12:16
1 Two other pieces of information I forgot to mention. In terms of database
2 backends we have a license for a commerical database but with the daily
3 beating we give it I doubt we will use that. So assume this will use a MySQL
4 backend unless of course this whole setup is easier with Postgresql.
5
6 The other piece of information I forgot is that the Windows machines that
7 are not servers are all WindowsXP SP2 and we are using Solaris 8 on the
8 servers. A solaris 10 upgrade could be in the future but that is down the
9 road.