From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: switch NIS to LDAP
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:10:28
1 RagNoRoc wrote:
2 > Two other pieces of information I forgot to mention. In terms of
3 > database backends we have a license for a commerical database but with
4 > the daily beating we give it I doubt we will use that. So assume this
5 > will use a MySQL backend unless of course this whole setup is easier
6 > with Postgresql.
7 >From what I've heared on the openldap mailinglist, an SQL backend is
8 hard to setup and will not perform as well as bdb/hdb. Have you
9 considered using winbindd from samba to solve the unified login problem?
10
11 http://lib.risk.ee/samba/winbind.html
12
13 cheers