From: "Sébastien Arnaud" <sebastien@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] VPN server?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:10:47
1 Thank you for all your recommendations. I haven't settled yet on which
2 solution to go for, but I am going to be trying a few next week.
3
4 Sébastien
7 On Apr 7, 2004, at 07:39, Jens Gutzeit wrote:
8
9 > On Wednesday 07 April 2004 04:43, Eric Sammer wrote:
10 >
11 >> As for IPsec and that sort of fun stuff, OpenSwan (was FreeSwan) seems
12 >> to be one of the better options. It will do all manners of IPsec magic
13 >> but I don't know what clients will work (at least not first hand). If
14 >> I
15 >> recall, IPsec is universal and most if not all clients should work in
16 >> some capacity, but certainly don't quote me on that.
17 >
18 > AFAIK the used crypto algorithm is one of the important thinks you to
19 > need
20 > look at for the client, not all support the same algos.
21 >
22 > But the kernel 2.6 IPSEC is a good option, too. Works without problems
23 > here
24 > with racoon, though it doesn't support nat-traversal, yet.
25 >
26 > Jens