From: Jens Gutzeit <gentoo-server@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] VPN server?
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:31:48
1 On Wednesday 07 April 2004 04:43, Eric Sammer wrote:
2
3 > As for IPsec and that sort of fun stuff, OpenSwan (was FreeSwan) seems
4 > to be one of the better options. It will do all manners of IPsec magic
5 > but I don't know what clients will work (at least not first hand). If I
6 > recall, IPsec is universal and most if not all clients should work in
7 > some capacity, but certainly don't quote me on that.
8
9 AFAIK the used crypto algorithm is one of the important thinks you to need
10 look at for the client, not all support the same algos.
11
12 But the kernel 2.6 IPSEC is a good option, too. Works without problems here
13 with racoon, though it doesn't support nat-traversal, yet.
14
15 Jens