From: Bryn Hughes <linux@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] iSCSI on Linux
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:47:33
1 I'm looking for experiences implementing iSCSI on Linux - not just as
2 an initiator but as a target as well. I've found these two projects:
3
4 This is the iSCSI initiator project started by Cisco
5 http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-iscsi
6
7 This is the ardistech iSCSI target project
8 http://www.ardistech.com/iscsi/
9
10 In theory it is possible to create iSCSI volumes using EVMS or similar
11 and then mount them as block devices over ethernet to another host
12 (could be Windows, Novell, Linux, OS X, whatever). Basically you can
13 build yourself a SAN using free software and normal ethernet (obviously
14 gigabit preferred).
15
16 Bryn
17 --