From: Jeremy Kitchen <kitchen@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd en maildir
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:58:31
1 On Wednesday 23 June 2004 03:31 am, Jonathan S. Romero wrote:
2 > Even for local users, if you are running courier-imap, it's nice to have
3 > local accounts connect to the IMAP server rather than the .maildir or
4 > mailbox files, because this greatly reduces the probability of locking
5 > related hastles.
6 >
7 > I used to use mutt directly on a server that had courier-imap running,
8 > and when Mozilla Thunderbird on my other workstation machine recieved
9 > mail it reorganized based on filters, causing mutt to freak out that the
10 > mailbox was being modified externally. Using mutt in imap mode made it
11 > much more tolerant.
12
13 doesn't this just duplicate all of your emails though? doesn't mutt download
14 the messages and store them locally somewhere? I'm prety sure kmail and
15 evolution and any other imap client do :)
16
17 -Jeremy
20 Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.
21 jeremy@××××××.com ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
22 kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail