From: "Jonathan S. Romero" <jonnyro@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd en maildir
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:32:33
1 Even for local users, if you are running courier-imap, it's nice to have
2 local accounts connect to the IMAP server rather than the .maildir or
3 mailbox files, because this greatly reduces the probability of locking
4 related hastles.
5
6 I used to use mutt directly on a server that had courier-imap running,
7 and when Mozilla Thunderbird on my other workstation machine recieved
8 mail it reorganized based on filters, causing mutt to freak out that the
9 mailbox was being modified externally. Using mutt in imap mode made it
10 much more tolerant.
13 -Jonathan S. Romero
14