From: Jan Meier <jan.meier@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:54:44
1 Am Mittwoch 16 August 2006 11:36 schrieb Craig Webster:
2 > On 16 Aug 2006, at 10:19, Jan Meier wrote:
3 > > No, I do not need the latest version. But I do not want to do "some
4 > > security
5 > > patching", I want to have every security risk patched (updated),
6 > > without
7 > > updating all the dependencies. That's the point.
8 > >
9 > > For example emerge -u imagemagick shows a really long list for
10 > > updating, I do
11 > > not think that all of them are really needed.
12 >
13 > Have you tried using glsa-check?
14
15 I am using glsa-check for reporting vulnerable software, currently not for
16 updating.
17 I will give "emerge imagemagick" a shot, maybe that has less dependencies :).
18 With your answeres in mind I came to the opinion that there is not a real
19 need for a "stable portage tree".
20
21 Regards
22
23 Jan
24
25 > Cheers,
26 > Craig
27 > --
28 > No long-term contracts, no complicated signup forms, no hidden costs.
29 > Xeriom 2.0: Web hosting made easy. Coming soon! http://xeriom.net/
32 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list