From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] rsnapshot problem
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:23:53
1 Hello. Anyone using rsnapshot for backups? I posted this question on the
2 rsnapshot list, but haven't gotten any response. Figured I'd give it a
3 shot here.
4
5 I'm running rsnapshot 1.29 on a gentoo box, backing up a remote gentoo
6 server. I recently moved my server to a new machine. After switching the
7 domain name to point at the new machine, I found that files and
8 directories from the old machine are still in my daily.0 backup each
9 morning. They are mixed with the new files and directories.
10
11 My rsync_long_args are:
12
13 rsync_long_args --delete --numeric-ids --relative \
14 --delete-excluded --ignore-errors
17 and I see these args in the log.
18
19 The backup does finish with warnings, but it almost always does... it's
20 hard to backup a mail directory tree without something changing! But,
21 ignore_errors is supposed to override that and delete anyway right?
22
23 Hoping someone can help because it looks like my old and new file
24 systems will remain intermingled forever at this rate... effectively
25 making the backup useless (or at least a major pain to restore).
26
27 I was thinking about deleting everything under the server's directory in
28 daily.0. That should pull everything fresh right? Sucks to have to pull
29 all the files again, but I'm not seeing any other way right now.
30
31 Thanks,
32
33 Ben