From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail virtual domains + virtual users
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 02:34:36
1 Well, I checked the locals file and it had "mail.munat.org" and
2 "mail.munat.net" in there... changed that to just "munat.org". Then I
3 did another qmail-inject; nothing has shown up in the user's
4 .maildir/new and this is the bottom of qmail-send/current:
5
6 @400000004096a49b26c869d4 starting delivery 13: msg 21060 to local
7 postmaster@×××××.org
8 @400000004096a49b26caa424 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
9 @400000004096a49b280be654 new msg 248577
10 @400000004096a49b280eb514 info msg 248577: bytes 2087 from <#@[]> qp
11 3441 uid 200
12 @400000004096a49b28569384 starting delivery 14: msg 248577 to local
13 chas@×××××.org
14 @400000004096a49b2858d5a4 status: local 2/10 remote 0/20
15 @400000004096a49b2862a55c delivery 13: success: did_0+1+0/qp_3441/
16 @400000004096a49b286ae6a4 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
17 @400000004096a49b286f6ecc end msg 21060
18 @400000004096a49f2a009234 delivery 14: failure: User_over_quota._(#5.1.1)/
19 @400000004096a49f2a0c59d4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
20 @400000004096a49f2a1016dc triple bounce: discarding bounce/248577
21 @400000004096a49f2a140a94 end msg 248577
22
23 I see a "success" in there, but it looks like it was to "postmaster"
24 instead of to chas, which is the user I did the inject to... hmm, and I
25 see the "did_0+1+0"... does this mean that it was just a forward that
26 succeeded and the actual delivery to chas failed?
27
28 I'm sorry to keep dragging this out... feel like a lunk-head. But, I
29 guess you don't learn without a little struggle. Thanks.
30
31 Ben
32
33 UPDATE: I was just about to send this, but thought I'd check root's
34 .maildir/new... holy moly! 1026 messages! WTF? Now, I'm really confused...
38 Andy Dustman wrote:
39 >
40 > You need to add munat.org to /var/qmail/control/locals, or to the
41 > virtualdomains file (same location). After you do this, you need to
42 > cause qmail-send to re-read this file like this:
43 >
44 > # svc -h /service/qmail-send
47 >>BTW, I'm trying to do the qmail-inject example in the gentoo docs... and
48 >>I still have a problem with mutt. How else can I check to see if the
49 >>mail has gone through? Should it just be a file under ~/.maildir/new?
52 > Yes. But also the log will have entries like this:
53 >
54 > @400000004096cb0405c8d3cc starting delivery 465531: msg 80837 to local XXX@XXX
55 > @400000004096cb0405c90a7c status: local 1/10 remote 1/120
56 > @400000004096cb040896ebd4 new msg 80886
57 > @400000004096cb0408994564 info msg 80886: bytes 7438 from <YYY@YYY> qp 19893 uid 1048
58 > @400000004096cb040afff0dc starting delivery 465532: msg 80886 to remote ZZZ@ZZZ
59 > @400000004096cb040b003b14 status: local 1/10 remote 2/120
60 > @400000004096cb040b03cd24 delivery 465531: success: did_0+1+0/qp_19893/
61 >
62 > Match up the delivery numbers to see what happened to a message. Note
63 > that in "did_x+y+z", x=# of local mailboxes delivered to, y=# of
64 > forwardings, z=# of program deliveries.