From: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail virtual domains + virtual users
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:32:33
1 On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 22:35, Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Well, I checked the locals file and it had "mail.munat.org" and
3 > "mail.munat.net" in there... changed that to just "munat.org". Then I
4 > did another qmail-inject; nothing has shown up in the user's
5 > .maildir/new and this is the bottom of qmail-send/current:
6
7 Remember that you must svc -h /service/qmail-send after changing locals.
8
9 > @400000004096a49b26c869d4 starting delivery 13: msg 21060 to local
10 > postmaster@×××××.org
11 > @400000004096a49b26caa424 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
12 > @400000004096a49b280be654 new msg 248577
13 > @400000004096a49b280eb514 info msg 248577: bytes 2087 from <#@[]> qp
14 > 3441 uid 200
15 > @400000004096a49b28569384 starting delivery 14: msg 248577 to local
16 > chas@×××××.org
17 > @400000004096a49b2858d5a4 status: local 2/10 remote 0/20
18 > @400000004096a49b2862a55c delivery 13: success: did_0+1+0/qp_3441/
19 > @400000004096a49b286ae6a4 status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
20 > @400000004096a49b286f6ecc end msg 21060
21 > @400000004096a49f2a009234 delivery 14: failure: User_over_quota._(#5.1.1)/
22 > @400000004096a49f2a0c59d4 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
23 > @400000004096a49f2a1016dc triple bounce: discarding bounce/248577
24 > @400000004096a49f2a140a94 end msg 248577
25 >
26 > I see a "success" in there, but it looks like it was to "postmaster"
27 > instead of to chas, which is the user I did the inject to... hmm, and I
28 > see the "did_0+1+0"... does this mean that it was just a forward that
29 > succeeded and the actual delivery to chas failed?
30
31 Yes. Plus, chas@×××××.org is over quota...
32
33 > UPDATE: I was just about to send this, but thought I'd check root's
34 > .maildir/new... holy moly! 1026 messages! WTF? Now, I'm really confused...
35
36 You should ls -a ~alias and examine the .qmail-* files found there.
37
38 Note that by default, double bounces go to postmaster@me (contents of
39 /var/qmail/control/me). To send them somewhere else, set doublebounceto
40 and/or doublebouncehost. You should probably review man qmail-send.
41 --
42 Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
43 Office of Information Technology, Terry College of Business, UGA