From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] KVM Virtualization on Gentoo server
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:01:36
1 On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:07:42 +0800
2 "Squall Liu" <squall.q.liu@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > hi Sune
5 >
6 > I'm sorry to heard about this -_-!..
7 >
8 > It seems that I can't enjoy the kvm on gentoo right now ?
9
10 It just means that it currently isn't available in the main repository.
11 You can still install the userspace tools manually, get an ebuild
12 from the referenced bug or even write your own (that's what I did).
13
14 I assume the main reason why it hasn't been added yet is because most
15 people wait for the kvm support to be merged back into qemu,
16 unfortunately there is no deadline for that (I'd guess they want to
17 fix the gcc-4 problems first).
18
19 Marius
20 --