From: Patrick Lodder <patrick@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache VirtualHost
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:14:28
1 Hi Angel,
2
3 You can try the following:
4
5 In your <VirtualHost .... > </VirtualHost> set
6
7 php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/sites/g/gentoo.org/"||
8
9 Now all scripts in the vhost is bound to that base directory.
10
11 Regards,
12
13 Patrick
14
15 PS: here's a link to the php.net site about open_basedir:
16 http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php#ini.open-basedir
19 Angel Freire wrote:
20
21 >Hi,
22 >
23 >I guess that this has been asking so I just ask for a reference to the a
24 >thread where mi question is answer because I can't find it.
25 >
26 >In this scenario:
27 >
28 >One webserver that sets Apache User and Group per VirtualHost, with many
29 >of these, and each one in a different htdocs of course.
30 >
31 >If VirtualHost A has some php files with an access mask like 777 (common
32 >in hostings) and VirtualHost B 'guess' the VH A full dir it can trough
33 >fopen or many other ways open these file.
34 >
35 >How can I stop users from do that?
36 >
37 >Thanks,