From: Kirk Smith <ksmith@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache VirtualHost
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:08:10
1 Out of morbid curiosity, would it be possible to accomplish this same
2 task using a setup similar to delta407's mod-rewrite based virtual
3 hosts? If so, that would be an ideal thing to setup by default for
4 anyone doing mass-hosting.
5
6 > Hi Angel,
7 >
8 > You can try the following:
9 >
10 > In your <VirtualHost .... > </VirtualHost> set
11 >
12 > php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/sites/g/gentoo.org/"||
13 >
14 > Now all scripts in the vhost is bound to that base directory.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 >
18 > Patrick
19 >
20 > PS: here's a link to the php.net site about open_basedir:
21 > http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php#ini.open-basedir
24 > Angel Freire wrote:
25 >
26 >>Hi,
27 >>
28 >>I guess that this has been asking so I just ask for a reference to
29 >> the a
30 >>thread where mi question is answer because I can't find it.
31 >>
32 >>In this scenario:
33 >>
34 >>One webserver that sets Apache User and Group per VirtualHost, with
35 >> many
36 >>of these, and each one in a different htdocs of course.
37 >>
38 >>If VirtualHost A has some php files with an access mask like 777
39 >> (common
40 >>in hostings) and VirtualHost B 'guess' the VH A full dir it can
41 >> trough
42 >>fopen or many other ways open these file.
43 >>
44 >>How can I stop users from do that?
45 >>
46 >>Thanks,