From: Angel Freire <qwerty@××××××××××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache VirtualHost
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:58:10
1 A guide about mass webhosting with apache should be a good idea for
2 Gentoo Documentation?
3
4 I can cooperate with the result of my test, my english isn't the best
5 but with some job on it...
6
7 El dom, 20-06-2004 a las 12:07, Kirk Smith escribió:
8 > Out of morbid curiosity, would it be possible to accomplish this same
9 > task using a setup similar to delta407's mod-rewrite based virtual
10 > hosts? If so, that would be an ideal thing to setup by default for
11 > anyone doing mass-hosting.
12 >
13 > > Hi Angel,
14 > >
15 > > You can try the following:
16 > >
17 > > In your <VirtualHost .... > </VirtualHost> set
18 > >
19 > > php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/sites/g/gentoo.org/"||
20 > >
21 > > Now all scripts in the vhost is bound to that base directory.
22 > >
23 > > Regards,
24 > >
25 > > Patrick
26 > >
27 > > PS: here's a link to the php.net site about open_basedir:
28 > > http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php#ini.open-basedir
31 > > Angel Freire wrote:
32 > >
33 > >>Hi,
34 > >>
35 > >>I guess that this has been asking so I just ask for a reference to
36 > >> the a
37 > >>thread where mi question is answer because I can't find it.
38 > >>
39 > >>In this scenario:
40 > >>
41 > >>One webserver that sets Apache User and Group per VirtualHost, with
42 > >> many
43 > >>of these, and each one in a different htdocs of course.
44 > >>
45 > >>If VirtualHost A has some php files with an access mask like 777
46 > >> (common
47 > >>in hostings) and VirtualHost B 'guess' the VH A full dir it can
48 > >> trough
49 > >>fopen or many other ways open these file.
50 > >>
51 > >>How can I stop users from do that?
52 > >>
53 > >>Thanks,
54 > >>Angel
55 > >>