From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SMTP Authentication
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:48:20
1 Hi,
2
3 "Suranga Kasthuriarachchi" <kasthuriarachchi@×××××.com> said:
4 > Dear all,
5 >
6 > I have configure the qmail server on Gentoo Systems as your Guide in
7 > Gentoo Docs. and I'm able to send a mails my own domain users only. but
8 > i need to send mails to outside domain. so i configure the mail
9 > client's smtp authenication by puting user name and password. but error
10 > will coming as follows.
11 >
12 > 553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts(#5.7.1 :25)
13 >
14 > Please help me how to setup smtp outgoing authentication.
15 >
16 > thanks.
17
18 try the mailfront and cvm or the relay-ctrl package - i don't want to
19 dissappoint you, but qmail is not for the faint of heart.
20
21 i can elaborate if necessary.
22
23 AFAIK postfix supports this out of the box (somebody correct me if i
24 wrong)
25
26 regards
27 bangert