From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SMTP Authentication
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:44:07
1 2006/8/16, Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > "Suranga Kasthuriarachchi" <kasthuriarachchi@×××××.com> said:
6 > > Dear all,
7 > >
8 > > I have configure the qmail server on Gentoo Systems as your Guide in
9 > > Gentoo Docs. and I'm able to send a mails my own domain users only. but
10 > > i need to send mails to outside domain. so i configure the mail
11 > > client's smtp authenication by puting user name and password. but error
12 > > will coming as follows.
13 > >
14 > > 553 sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts(#5.7.1 :25)
15 > >
16 > > Please help me how to setup smtp outgoing authentication.
17 > >
18 > > thanks.
19 >
20 > try the mailfront and cvm or the relay-ctrl package - i don't want to
21 > dissappoint you, but qmail is not for the faint of heart.
22 >
23 > i can elaborate if necessary.
24 >
25 > AFAIK postfix supports this out of the box (somebody correct me if i
26 > wrong)
29 Confirmed... you have plenty of options to authenticate your users just
30 activating suitable use flags (pam, ssl, sasl comes to mind)
31
32 Best regards
33 Jose