From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Looking for pointers in Portage Tree management
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:02:38
1 2006/6/13, Andrew D. Fant <andrew.fant@×××××.edu>:
2 >
3 > Thanks to everyone who responded. Just for the record, I have the
4 > deployment
5 > and inventory issues pretty well nailed down (systemimager and dsh handle
6 > that
7 > in clusters nicely) but keeping the portage tree in a known state while
8 > still
9 > keeping track of what updates are coming along and what would be
10 > force-upgraded
11 > if it were resynced is still a knotty problem.
14 I think there have been also some discussion regarding a server profile that
15 would solve some of this issues, and there is ongoing work on it.
16
17 best regards
18 Jose