From: Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] grub ebuild
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:34:50
1 On 20 Jan 2006, at 17:44, Andrew Kesterson wrote:
2 > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Mark Rudholm wrote:
3 >
4 >> I was installing Gentoo on a new desktop system they gave me at work
5 >> last night and was surprised to find that Stage 1 and Stage 2
6 >> installs are
7 >> no longer supported and that users are instructed not to do them.
8 >
9 > Seriously?
10 > Can we have some linkage for where you saw this in the handbook? I
11 > installed a desktop just a week ago, and didn't see any such
12 > notice. Or maybe I just know what to look for in the handbook, and
13 > skimmed past it...
14
15 I've not read this in the handbook either (I suspect I skim past it
16 too) but Wikipedia claims that the change happened in Nov 05:
17 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_Linux#Stages
18
19 Yours,
20 Craig