From: Ronan Mullally <ronan@×××.ie>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Grub over serial ports at high speeds
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:28:25
1 Hi Andy,
2
3 On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Andrew D. Fant wrote:
4
5 > serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no
6 > terminal serial
7 >
8 > the system just sits there mute and I have to boot from the liveCD and disable
9 > the serial terminal option.
10
11 I'm running a bunch of 2850s with the following:
12
13 serial --unit=0 --speed=57600
14 terminal --timeout=6 serial console
15
16 There's an item in the BIOS to enable or disable console redirection after
17 boot - you make need to tweak that.
18
19 I'm running the 2850s with DRAC cards (but there's only a single async
20 serial port on the back of each box) and needed to issue a few 'racadm'
21 commands before the serial port would do anything - you may need to do
22 the same.
25 -Ronan
26 --
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list