From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] KVM Virtualization on Gentoo server
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:42:54
1 On Wednesday 20 June 2007 10:59:40 Benedikt Boehm wrote:
2 > > I am going to run more than 5 guest os on on server , so maybe VMware is
3 > > not suit for me @_@
4 >
5 > it seems like you want os-level virtualization aka linux-vserver and openvz
6 >
7 > no overhead, very easy deployment...
8
9 that is, when you run guests which are using the host kernel, implying you run
10 a linux guest. here I'd definitely recomment you to use linux-vserver/openvz
11 over any other technique as you won't need any kind of paravirtualization -
12 or at least *usually* won't need.
13
14 Here in our company I've set up 7 mac-mini's with 2GB RAM each serving 5 guest
15 nodes to simulate the production environment. quite fun ;)
16
17 for my home, i also want to try out other OSes aswell, like win32, so there
18 I'm giving kvm a try (asap) and maybe can help pushing the ebuilds into the
19 tree ;)
20
21 Regards,
22 Christian Parpart.