From: Jeff Rooney <jtrooney@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Managing IP aliases
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:47:56
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2
3 >On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Jeff Rooney wrote:
7 >>I actually ran into this about two months ago. What I ended up doing was
8 >>creating a table that contains all the available IP's and on startup I
9 >>have a basic script loop through that table and creates an alias using
10 >>`ifconfig`. This works great for our purpose as we have apache build its
11 >>configurations based off of the the same database. =) Just an idea.
15 >Is this a flat file or DBM-based database?
16 >
17 >Has anyone looked at /etc/conf.d/net.example after the latest update to
18 >sysvinit?
24 DBM-based as we have 15 Gentoo boxes and a \19 worth of addresses to deal with.
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list