From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SAN Clustered Filesystem
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:34:41
1 Sorry... I didn't understand exactly what you were trying to do... if you
2 want to present the same disks to multiple host you would generally use a
3 cluster "aware" application or a cluster "aware" filesystem that would
4 establish the quarum and act a more true clustered environment with heartbeat.
5
6 Going back to GFS, this is actually capable of doing just that. So I guess
7 we are back to GFS :)
8
9 http://mail.digicola.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:Martin:GFS
10
11 http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxClustersAndFileSystems.html
14 Should give you enough reading to get started... most of the applications we
15 do this with are either read only data sets and don't need clustering
16 filesystems or are oracle databases that use ocfs. So I can only speak in
17 theory... I would check out what veritas products can do... They have an
18 amazing track record on almost all nix platforms (solaris,hp ux) and have a
19 lot of clustering capabilities.
20
21 Regards,
22