From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Best practices in managing large server groups
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:37:59
1 Ronan Mullally kirjoitti:
2 > On Mon, 21 May 2007, Ryan Gibbons wrote:
3 >
4 >> I believe you will still need a tree either way.
5 >>
6 >> I would just have the master server share it's portage tree over nfs, and then
7 >> when you update the nodes of the cluster, just mount the nfs share, run your
8 >> emerge system or world or whatever, and then when you are finished umount the
9 >> nfs share.
10 >>
11 >> I imagine this could be done easily via scripts, complete with error checking
12 >> for bad mounts bad emerges etc.
13 >
14 > That's what I figured. Okay, last question - how do I stop emerge trying
15 > to update the compiler-less systems to include development tools like gcc?
16 > I presume tweaking the profile is the way to do it. Is there a stock
17 > profile that already has these excluded?
20 I think /etc/portage/profile/package.provided could work.
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri