From: Ronan Mullally <ronan@×××.ie>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Best practices in managing large server groups
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:32:38
1 On Mon, 21 May 2007, Ryan Gibbons wrote:
2
3 > I believe you will still need a tree either way.
4 >
5 > I would just have the master server share it's portage tree over nfs, and then
6 > when you update the nodes of the cluster, just mount the nfs share, run your
7 > emerge system or world or whatever, and then when you are finished umount the
8 > nfs share.
9 >
10 > I imagine this could be done easily via scripts, complete with error checking
11 > for bad mounts bad emerges etc.
12
13 That's what I figured. Okay, last question - how do I stop emerge trying
14 to update the compiler-less systems to include development tools like gcc?
15 I presume tweaking the profile is the way to do it. Is there a stock
16 profile that already has these excluded?
19 -Ronan
20 --
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list